Suits are very on trend currently. I’ve always been fascinated by them and through the years I got the chance to try a few on, from the skinny ones to the flared, but I never found the one that fitted me as I wanted.
Then a nice day I spotted this beautiful suit while I was chilling on the H&M website. I was instantly sold by the 80’s style it had. Love how it’s oversized and have those relaxed and slouchy vibes. It’s made out of linen, but not the light and floaty fabric, you’ll aspect when you think about this natural fibre. This is a very chunky and heavy linen. And since it was summer when I bought it, I couldn’t wear the whole combination because it was definitely too hot. But I’ve worn the trousers on their own a lot. Fall temperatures are perfect to rock things suit.
Now that I own a suit I can see why they’re so on trend:
- Wearing a suit you’ll instantly look more sophisticated and accountable. If you want an edgy look a suit is what you need.
- Suits are very easy to style, since they provide a whole outfit at once, which means no struggles and no stress.
- With a suit, you get 3 things in one: the suit, the blazer and the trousers both of which you can wear separately. In fact, I tend to wear the blazer on it’s one a lot more than I wear the suit it’s self, while in summer I wore the trousers every other day basically.
- Suits can be worn in a lot of different occasions and environments: perfect for the office, with a pair of pumps, they can be easily dressed down with some sneakers, to get that relaxed and effortless look.
- They’re huge at the moment, but they’re something to invest on because they actually never get out of trend. The key is to get the right style and timeless.
What I’m wearing
Suit: no longer available, similar fit here
Clutch: old from Zara, similar one here